Safe Sanctuary Policy
Due to the Safe Sanctuary Policy, and in order to protect our children/youth, we are instituting some rules for the Sunday School, effective immediately. Parents are responsible for making sure their children are where they belong.
1. Sunday School is for children/youth age 4-12th grade. Children younger than age 4 need to attend the nursery. Youth older than 12th grade need to attend church service.*
2. No student can be in a classroom without adult supervision. There needs to be one adult (over 18) present who is at least 5 years older than the children or youth s/he is supervising. If there is only one child/youth, there must be more than one adult.
3. Students cannot enter the Sunday School classroom without a teacher present. They must line up in the hall.
4. On Sundays in which there is no Sunday School, students are required to be in the sanctuary during the church service. They may not be in the Sunday School building, office, Fellowship Hall, kitchen, nursery or any other church room during the church service.
5. On Sundays in which the middle school and high school are attending church, the students may not attend or help out in a different class. Middle school and high school students are required to be in the sanctuary during the church service. They may not be in the Sunday School building, office, Fellowship Hall, kitchen, nursery, or any other church room during the service.
6. Students who are involved in church activities outside of Sunday School (e.g. bell ringers) must attend Sunday School or remain in the sanctuary after performing their duties.
7. After Sunday School/church is over, all classrooms are required to be locked, and all students must leave the classrooms.
* Special guests may be invited at the teacher and superintendent's discretion.